Act 1st Blog
- Assess the workplace for hazards
- Implement engineering controls and work practices to eliminate or reduce the hazards before using PPE.
- If hazards are still present, select appropriate PPE to protect employees
- Inform employees why PPE is necessary, how and when it must be worn
- Train employees how to use and care for their PPE
- Require employees to wear selected PPE
- Introduce a program for issue and replacement.
Employers responsibilities for implementing a Personal Protective Equipment Programme
Employers must implement a PPE programme where they cannot remove the hazards by any other means.